John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Examples of Righteousness

I am sitting here listening to Barbara play with the little spanish speaking girl from next door, her name is Melanie. It's fun to here her talk because she learned english over the past year and has an adorable accent. Something they did made her really excited and she started saying "oh my GOD!" over and over again. While I'm sitting here wondering how and if I should/needed to tell her we don't use that word. I here Barbara say "you can't use that word in our house. You can say gosh." That was that I am very impressed with Barbaras simple ability to repeat rules that we have taught her for our home, and to be able to tell them to others with no fear behind her words.
They continued playing with no other use of that word and had a wonderful time doing so. It's her older sister, Alex's birthday tomorrow and she will be 11 years old. That is crazy because when I moved in she was just a little girl and now she's almost a teenager! Wow kids sure change a lot. When Babs heard it was Alex's B-day she quickly went to work making her a present and a card. I love Barbara so much. She is such a sweety and I'm always impressed with her ability to just openly love people. It is adorable.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Way to go, Babs! That's awesome