on Friday the 7th of December 2012 Babs and I were having our nightly talk, which we usually do right before bed and Babs mentioned her sister. I told her she doesn't have a sister and then she got sad and made a pouty face. I told her it was ok because she has a brother. She told me I should have a baby then I think I joked around saying, "oh yea, she's probably up in heaven saying "Mommy, Mommy hold me" that didn't cheer her up, so I asked her if we were going to have a girl baby what would you name her? I was thinking this would distract her a little. She took a minuet to answer and then she said "Present, Pink Present" I said, oh if it's a boy would it be "Blue Present" she told me no we should name him "Blue Rocket Ship". It was a really sweet conversation and I thought I ended it good and I told her good night and gave her a book to look at while she fell asleep.
I went in and told J.R. Babs's awesome baby names. He was especially excited about blue rocket ship and we joked about how he would be the coolest kid at school, and how he would never get called back for a job interview. Then I went and sat down in the back room. I relaxed and the I heard crying! So I went into Babs's room and she was sobbing. She had huge crocodile tears, and was crying so hard she couldn't talk. So I crawled in bed with her and asked her what was wrong. She said "hold me mommy!" between broken sobs. I told her I am holding her then I tried to ask her again what was wrong. All while trying to sooth her and calm her down. She said "I did tell you" and I said I don't understand, tell me again. Then she said "Sister, hold me mommy!" I don't remember exactly what I said but It's ok. Then Babs said "SISTER, SHE MISSES YOU!!!" I tried comforting her telling her she has lot's of other people with her in heaven and that she's doing ok, and she said "no, she's bored and she misses you!" I really didn't know what else to say so I just held her as her sobs eventually calmed down and she fell asleep.
It was so sweet and innocent. I already wanted to have another baby, but now I REALLY want to have another baby. I know the timing is horrible, and the money isn't where it should be, and really I want to finish my bachelors before I have another baby, but it broke my heart that Babs doesn't have a sister, and that she got so sad about it. I really want her to. I love my sisters, and I couldn't imagine a world without a sister in it. I just hope someday she'll have her adorable little sister to dress up like a doll, take her shopping, go to the movies with, go camping with, or hiking, or play catch at the park with. Someone to call and talk to when things aren't perfect. I miss and love my sisters, and I really hope someday Babs can have a sister.


1 comment:
This made me get teary eyed. I love you!
Post a Comment