John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Friendship

A friend who was in the ward about a year and a half ago, Janae Robins (not sure if I spelled that right) called me up randomly this last week and told me she was about to have a baby and that she needed a sitter to come watch her kiddos while she was in the hospital. I was very excited to hear from her as they just randomly moved with out saying goodbye, and because I really liked hanging out with them. Babs and Peter were about the same age and got along really well, John was younger, and him and Hailey just stared at each other. :) We had fun together, we went to museums, swimming, swapped babysitting, and hung out and talked. 

Anyway I just got back from there and they just had their forth child a baby boy. They left about midnight and her husband came back about 3:30. (Quick labor) I was so flattered they called me. I'm glad I could be there to help out in a time of need, and that they considered me as someone they could call. I really love being able to serve people in this capacity, and I know how stressful it can be to be without close family.
On that note I also want to point out that I am sooo very lucky to live close to J.R's side of our family. They have helped me out so many times in so many different ways and my Mom(in-law) is the most amazing wonderful person, and my sister's(in-laws) are awesome. I feel so blessed to have family around me I can trust, and who are nice and friendly and wonderful.

I also wanted to tell you about Rachel, we met in my first ward down here. I was her visiting teacher (behold the power of visiting teaching. ;) We have been able to develop a good strong friendship in which we help each other out the best way we can in stressful moments of our lives. She planned baby showers for both my babies, she cleaned my house right before John was born, and our little girls which were born just a few months apart just adore each other.. :) I have visited her many times and helped clean her house and hang out and chitchat. I really enjoy our friendship.

I got to help her out and be at the birth of her third child. It was amazing! She is a strong women. I was called in to be Sophia's helper and we got to watch her birth her baby in a birth tub. It was sooo amazing. I gotta say watching new life enter this world is one of the most miraculous things I have ever witnessed. This is what I wrote about it:




  
 I was present while a friend of mine birthed her baby. All I can say is wow! I know I've done it but watching it happen, is so different then doing it. It gave me an amazing new perspective! My heart was so full of joy when after hours of intense contraction she joyfully put her baby to her and lovingly cried "my baby!" I'll never forget how beautiful and how precious bringing new life into the world is!
I feel so blessed to have been able to serve my sisters in these capacities. I have a good life! :)

1 comment:

RJ said...

Ahhh this made my day! :)