John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Friday, June 15, 2012

Arizona Living

I've noticed there are some things I have learned to do while living here in Arizona that I could never do when I was living in Utah. Here's my list...

1) Fall asleep without any covers on. (I could not do this before I moved here and when I first had to learn it was a little uncomfortable)

2) Fall asleep with a fan pointing at me (before my little hairs would tickle my face and it would keep me awake)

3) Wake up early just to enjoy the first few hours of the day before it gets hot. (I am in love with the morning sun)

4) Spend most of the day inside during the summer and outside during the winter.

5) Crave the swimming pool. I remember almost drowning in the deep end when I was 10 years old. My kids can already swim without me with their floaties on. Babs kicks around the pool. I think she'll be able to swim without floaties in the next year or two. And John can't get enough of the water.

6) Go hang out somewhere just because it has AC, and because our house is tooo hot!

7) Take cold showers on purpose. (When I was young we'd fight to get to the shower first because by the last kid the hot water had ran out and it was cold, now even the cold water isn't really cold!)

8) Say 90 degrees is the perfect temperature. (I remember when 90 degrees felt like I was going to sweet out all the water in my body.)

9)  Leave the T.V. and computer off just because they produce to much heat, and read a good book instead.

10) Eat out more than I should. Turning on the stove is like cooking myself. (I hardly ever eat out when I was young, or in college. Now it's usually a couple times a week. I don't like this habit.)

So for better or worse I have adjusted to living in Arizona. My blood is thinner, and I can't live without some type of pool near by. I've adjusted, and I'm starting to like my hot sauna I now call home. :)

No comments: