What a Sunday! Sacrament meeting was great! A few of the testimonies that stood out were two little girls who's dad doesn't come, and who's mother is not supper active, and who bravely got up all by them selves and said their precious testimonies. With no prompting! I know they're the spiritual rock in their family because they'll tell their mom they want her to read them scriptures and say prayers every day before they go to bed. They're only six, and four. They were adorable.
Another man who claims he's been told he should be a preacher for a different congregation bore his testimony on how he knows this is the right church by the actions and dedication of the members. How they will take on and do things they don't know how to do, and how they'll volunteeringly go and give of there time and life to serve God. He said that is what Christ did, and that is what his disciples did. It was a very powerful testimony to me, and one I haven't really considered before. Because my whole life that is what I have seen people doing.
Then the vary last person to get up was a man who very emotionally explained that him and his wife had come back to church because a lady in the ward kept sending his wife letters, and cards and things and he said that is what made him and his wife want to come back to church, so the day they came back the parking lot wasn't very full and they walked into the church sat down and listened to general conference! His voice cracked as he explained that they felt the holy ghost and as he thanked the lady who kept giving them church related stuff. It was so powerful to hear someone who's life had actually been changed by a visiting teacher. You hear stories, but I've never seen someone who actually testified so powerfully. And there was more that left me in aww, it was an amazing testimony meeting!
I systematically didn't go to Sunday school. J.R. got a hair cut, and shaved his face! I love his smooth shaved face and short hair! I think it looks soooooo good. I did have to use the time during Sunday school to explain and reintroduce everyone to my "new husband". So many people gave me funny sideways looks because I was holding hands with a stranger. J.R.'s home teaching companion kept looking in the foyer for him because he heard his voice, but then couldn't see him. It took him a few minuets to connect the voice he was hearing to the face it was coming from. I'm still giggling about it!
So I was complimenting the elder in priesthood session of how I enjoyed his testimony when he told me it was time for me to go because this was the men's meeting. I just giggled and went and sat down by J.R. After opening exercises they set apart each man, during which the spirit was strong, and the blessing were awesome! J.R. Mclaws was set apart by President Stout. His dad Aaron Mclaws was able to stand in the circle. Brother Peterson set apart Mike Joslin as the first counselor, and Joey Bennet was set apart as the second counselor. Then the three of them bore there testimonies. Then Mike, then Joey, then J.R. bore their testimonies. Each got a little choked up and It was so good to see the spiritual side of those men. J.R. got choked up as he testified of the scriptures, and prophets. Saying that he knew that the bishop and stake president were called of God and that he was so grateful for a dad who could help set him apart and be a good grandpa for his kids. It was the first time I've ever actually seen J.R. bare a spontaneous testimony in front of people since we have been married. (He has given a few lessons and talks, but never just a testimony.)
The spirit was strong and I left church greatly impressed by my first experience in elders quorum.


No comments:
Post a Comment