John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Monday, April 23, 2012

Rice Noodle Soup aka G.F. Raman!

Today Babs asked "can we make some rice noodle soup!?!" I was very excited that there's a healthy easy food that is both g.f., dairy free, but that also contains a large amount of simple nutrients, as well as calcium that my kids love! I made this up a few months back and I guess it was good enough for the kids to ask for it! It's also something that J.R. (who is a very selective eater enjoyed)

Rice Noodle Soup!
  1. Rice noodles (I found these at the Asian market they're about 3.50 a bag, and a bag will make about 10 servings I would guess.)
  2. Any variety of yummy soup veggies or what you have on hand. carrots, celery, onion, peas, brocolli, ext...
  3. Chicken broth, or chicken bullion. (could use a veg. bullion)
  4. As an optional flavoring, and to add good flavor I add some of the dried up white stuff from the drippings of a natural goose we cooked a while back, or you could do some from a  chicken, or use butter.
  5. you could also add cooked diced chicken as an option. I did this before and it was yummy.
  6. I also like to add some salt. (to flavor)
I sauteed the onion and carrots. Then added the rest of the veggies and broth, and animal drippings. As much as you want to make a good soup. (I didn't measure anything and you don't need to.) Then Bring to a boil. Then add the rice noodles. Allow to reboil and it's done.



It's soooo yummy. The kids gobbled it up! They love eating rice noodle soup! I love being able to cook something they can eat that they love!

1 comment:

Esther said...

J.R. eat some tonight and said "that's really good soup, no I mean REALLY good" It made me so happy! :)