John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Remodel!

We got back from San Diego on a Saturday night, and then we signed for our new home on that following Monday! J.R. and I decided if we were going to ever remodel the kitchen we should do it now while we had a couple weeks that overlapped with our apartment and our house. We are currently redoing the kitchen and the guest bathroom. The kitchen is almost done, and the bathroom has just been gutted. We've left it alone so we could finish the kitchen. Luckily the kitchen is almost all done! I cleaned it up to day and will take finale photos tomorrow probably.

watch it transform...


the old kitchen
ripping down cabinets
J.R. borrowed a jack hammer from work to take out the floor tile.
ripping down the drywall

framed the island and place for sink and wired new electrical and lights
cut in a sliding door and blocked up the old one.

finished up the electrical and the plumbing (J.R. put in new pipping as it was all old galvanized)
hung the drywall and added custom texture
painted
put down tile
hung the cabinets
added crown molding for that professional look
putting in the concrete counter tops that J.R. and his dad made out back.
Our new kitchen has appliances and is almost done we just have a few more finishing touches to make.




just making this post has made me tired. I'm going to bed. :) (if you keep scrolling I did a post on San Diego as well)

1 comment:

RJ said...

What's what? I want a new post!!!! :)