John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Monday, February 4, 2008

One Reason Arizona Is Great!

Saturday J.R. and I, noticing how sunny and nice it was outside decided to go take a hike. It had rained a few days before and J.R. claimed it had made the mountains green, and that we should go enjoy the beauty of it. I agreed, and felt the need to get out of the city and enjoy God's creations. The drive was nice. We Listened to NPR, and I read some scriptures. We arrived there around 12. Packed up Barbara, and started off along the Mountain Front trail, along the Superstition Mountains. A nice comfortable trail cut through the thorns and cactus making passage possible. As we started out Babs giggled with glee and excitement! I would like to think she giggled from joy and excitement of our adventure we were about to undertake, or because of the warm sun that beat down on us! Her excitement in the backpack only lasted for about thirty minuets, and then she wanted out. We then shared the responsibility of carrying her. We found a gate that cut up into a canyon, and decided to take the trail. After a short water break we started up and went until Babs decided it was time for us to turn around. We did, but we were able to enjoy the beauty of the rolling hills, the forest of cacti, and the sillouette of the distant mountains. A warm feeling filled our hearts as we took in the beauty of God's creation.




No comments: