
I just found out that the prophet, seer, and revelator passed away today. He has been the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints for the last 13 years. He was called to be a prophet when I was ten. My respect and love for him is deep. He is my example, my teacher, my leader, my prophet. When he was called to be a prophet there were 47 temples on the earth. Now there are 127 and more being built. He spread the gospel all accross the world. From africa, to asia, to europe, to spain, and many many more places. He managed to touch the hearts of millions, including myself. I can recal many conference sessions where he addressed the congregation, and you could feel he was a man of God. He had an amazing aura about him, he was humble, and friendly, and wise.
I recall an event I went to as a young teenager. The event was to dedicate a pioneer memorial. I went with my friend and her family who were desendents of the pioneers that were being remembered. After the dedication, I ran up to where President Hinckley was getting in his car. A young boy probbably around the age of five was there, he turned to him shook his hand talked to him as a friend would, then turned waved at the crowed, put his suit jacket in the trunk, and then got in the car and was driven away. I stood within three feet of the prophet of the lord, and watched as he displayed his love to the people. He truly had a great and deep love for the people, for Heavenly Father, and for Jesus Christ. You could see it in his countenence.
I know that he was a prophet. I am greatful for all he has done in his life to advance the work of God. This is my own little tribute to him. Thank you President Hinkley for how you effected my life, for the testimonies that you bore, for your love and your example!


1 comment:
I really liked reading this. In fact, it inspired me to write my own. Thanks Sister!
Post a Comment