Hello,
It's a new year, and at the start of every new year I like to evaluate my self and where I'm going in life. I know one thing for certain, I want to be able to be my baby's mom. I mean of course I'm her mother, but I want to be there for her, and be able to experience all her firsts and comfort her when she cries, and feed her. Luckily I am blessed with an amazing husband who desires that I raise our baby as well. The tricky part is living. J.R. is currently working full time (probably 50 hours a week, sometimes more). As if it's not stressful enough having a new baby and working your guts out. Now he gets to go learn new things so that some day he won't have to work as hard. (He's going back to school next week) You just have to work really hard to get to that place. I am blessed. My husband is willing to work, and go to school full time. I don't want this to happen (unless he can find a job that doesn't make him quite so tired) I don't want him to get stressed out, and break down. So I'm thinking I will try to start an in-home day care, and become an entrepreneur with a small in home typing business. (if you have something you need typed up let me know) I don't exactly know how to start an in home daycare, or even if I can, but if I can help J.R. not have to work while he is going to school, it would be worth it. If you have any advice or ideas about how to start, or run an in home daycare I would much appreciate it. I went off on a soap box, where was I...
Yes, New Years. Well some of my goals this year, are first to be an excellent wife and mother. I plan on doing this by improving my house keeping skills, and meal preparing skills. So far I have assigned my self a room for every work day of the week in which to clean. I have made a menu for a month in order to help me be more organized and have a meal plan. Second I want to improve my music skills. I received a clarinet for Christmas and will soon be playing in a symphony (I wish). Third, I desire to draw closer to my savior. I hope that I may be able to become more like him. I realized something this Christmas season that I am not sure I realized as much in past years. Christmas is about giving, and serving others. It's about looking for a need that people might have and trying to fill it. Why? Because that is the one quality of the savior that is most important. The one that he tried to teach us all by his example. To serve, and to give of ourselves. So I've been keeping a service journal, and trying to look for ways to serve others everyday. On most days my service only extends to my family, and is only seen in small none noticeable tasks, but they are efforts I am making in order to improve my self. (Like offering J.R. a glass of water, and trying to take care of his needs, or responding faster when Barbara cries.) I am still trying to decide how to extend my service outside my home, if I want to join a group, or volunteer somewhere. I'm not sure. My last goal is to draw closer to Christ by reading the bible. You know I have carried that scripture around with my whole life, but I have yet to read it from cover to cover. My Goal is simple, five pages a day, and I will have read it by the beginning of next year. Wish me Luck. I also want to read the Book of Mormon from all the way through with J.R.. Last time we tried I think we only made it to Jacob. So when I think I about it we read a chapter. (How's that for an organized goal) It has worked so far for us.
love,
Esther


2 comments:
You are inspiring, Esther! I wish I could make more comments, and will later, but I did want to at least pass on this helpful bit of info I was recently given. We've been using disposables for the move and this website has the cheapest I've seen. www.diapers.com and if you put in the code PTG3 you should get 10$ off your first puchase. Money saved is money earned:) I'll see you on the blog soon!
Rachel, good to here from you. Have you tried wal-mart brand? I like them. They have a pack of 40 for five dollars, and they don't leak when left on all night. :)
Post a Comment