Has been busy with school, kids, babysitting, and J.R. starting a new buisness! Here are some fun happenings that went on that should be documented
...
We put up a play tent in the back yard, built a little "fire pit" with some rocks, and set up some kid chairs! The kids loved it! They "slept" in the tent, "fed" the fire with dry grass, and "cooked" marshmallows!
We got a new play set in the back yard with our tax returns. It was my agreement with J.R., he got to pour a concrete slab in the back yard for his new business (azconcretecountertops.com), and I agreed to it if I could have a play set put up in the back yard. After borrowing craigslist we finally decided to go with this one from walmart.com because of the surfer swing, and the Play house on the top (Barbara demanded there be a house). They love it and will spend hours outside now, where as before we hardly ever went in the back yard! I love when they end up all dirt! I think "now that's what being a kid is all about"!
John loves babies! He'll Carry them around, and in this shot he wanted to swing with them. He insisted I put them there, not the other way around! How fun is that! He's also really sweet with them, he takes care of them, which is kind of the opposite of what Babs would do...through them, and hold them upside down, and hit them on stuff. Kids are silly!
It's cool cause it has swings, monkey bars, a slide, and a play house! They love it!
Barbara is good at pushing John on the surfer swing!
Barbara also learned how to do it herself, and was very proud of herself!
One day we were eating breakfast and Babs looked out the window and said "a hummin biwd" It really did look exactly like a humming bird, but by the time I got back with my camera it looked more like a small dog standing on top of a big dog.
This was just a funny face day!
I was called to be the First Counselor in the Stake Primary Presidency and am in charge of the cub scouts, as the Assistant District Commissioner. So I ran the booth at the Scout-O-Rama, and we did a "Marble Derby" we had the scouts build a little marble car and race it down the track! It turned out really well, and a lot of scouts really liked it!
We got a culture pass at the library to go to the zoo! The kids and I went on a Saturday morning, and they really liked it. We basically just went to the little people land, and petting zoo farm part, but they still loved it!
Of course Barbara bagged to ride the merry go round! They had so much fun! Barbara loves alligators, and baby John was Laughing the entire time!
He's a chocolate lover! This was him after chocolate pudding! Of course I let him smear it all over the place! In my child development class I learned that it's good for their cognitive development to get food all over, and finger paint so I said "what the heck, Have FUN!" and he did!
We went to the Easter egg hunt at golf land! I was a little disappointed, I think next year I'll be making my own. Barbara and John were a little freaked out by the giant bunny, but were both interested in it at the same time! It was kinda funny to watch them get excited, and then freaked out, and come running back, and cling to me! Silly kids! We didn't do the whole "easter bunny came and left you an easter basket full of preasents and candy" thing this year. I took Barbara to the easter pagent, to the egg hunt, and we colored eggs! We each got one small gift, and we had a leasson on Jesus! We also went to Grandma and Grandpa's House for a yummy Easter dinner. She had no idea she missed out on anything, in fact she bragged to her friend that she got to go on an Easter egg hunt at a castle, and there was a really really big Easter bunny! We had a good mellow Easter!
J.R.'s business is starting up fairly well right now! He's had two jobs so far, and one is completely finished! He's also given out a lot of quotes that sound promising!
This is a post Easter sale find! I bought one as a prize for good behavior in attempts to helping her get use to playing without fighting. She ended up liking it so much that I got two more so we could make a huge tower!
The funnest part.... knocking it down!


1 comment:
I just read this one! Very cute my bueatiful sister. Now I'm going to read your blog from our visit. ;) I'll have to blog too sometime.
Post a Comment