Now This post has taken me all day just to up load the photo's. I guess it explains why I haven't updated my blog in so long... I've been a little busy. So here is a recap of May through July! It's a bit lengthy, but the photo's and memories are awesome!!! To start out Baby John was blessed the first of may and my whole family came into town (well almost). I think I mentioned this in an earlier post, but here is a recap...
My friend Morgan took some awesome pictures after John's blessing. This is her blog (morganbartonphotography.blogspot.com) From Left to right: Josie, Mom, Sarah, Margaret. on bottom: Liz and me!
My brothers think it's nice to pretend to be monkeys. It is a very pretty tree. I'm thinking it called to them (climb me, climb me) If they were twelve they'd want to build a fort in it.
You could imagine that all of us together we are a little crazy! Especially with the monkeys from the previous picture. It was a lot of fun, and I love seeing all my nephews and my niece!


We went to Hole in the rock hike by the zoo. Everyone loved it and we got some awesome photos!!








J.R. is scout master! He fixed up his shirt and was modeling it for me. Barbara had to be like her daddy! They make a cute pair don't you think?
We took a trip to the petrified forest. It ended up being a long drive to the middle of nowhere to walk around and look at really old trees that had been turned into stone over time. It was cool, and I would suggest doing it maybe once in your life, if you live here. :)

STEVEN AND KRISTEN GOT MARRIED! I am so happy that Kristen is part of the family! They have moved in our ward, and are working in the nursery with Barbara! They are awesome with kids, and I'm very glad they're in there. It helps Barbara feel so much more comfy. They make a really cute couple, and seem to be perfect for each other!
These two needed a nap between the luncheon and the reception. funny thing is that when we went to the reception Babs still didn't wake up and she slept threw most of it.
Until she woke up and then you couldn't keep her and I off the dance floor!
Lucky for me I was fancy enough to get J.R. out on the dance floor! I think dancing with J.R. is so romantic, and he definitely earned some brownie points for asking me to dance!
The kids and I drove out and visited Rachel! She has a little girl about Barbara age and she is prego and moving, so we went down there to try and be helpful. her hubby works at a boys ranch that troubled male teens by letting them train a horse and threw animal therapy, or something like that. Anyway we got to go visit the ranch because Rachel had to look at a potential house they were wanting to rent. So we got to see all the animals and play around.

These are the girls hanging out! There similarities crack me up. There size, and there love for ice cream!
Rachel, me, and baby John!
That brings us to June. May was a very busy month, and June was only a little less busy... This post just gets longer and longer!


We went on a camping trip up near Prescott! It is very beautiful up there. We were planning on staying two nights but Barbara wasn't feeling good in the morning, and so we only did one night. She did start to feel better by the afternoon and we went on a hike to a fire kiln and then we had a picnic by a lake, and Babs and I went on a walk around the lake while J.R. tried to take a nap, failed and then got irritated that we took so long. Ooops. Still feel bad about that. I did however get some cool pictures. They are my attempts at being artsy. What do you think?







Snap Dragons are my favorite!





The Carlson's are a new family to the ward! J.R. got to baptise R.J. the boy on the far right in the picture! I am now Tracie's (the mom's) visiting teaching companion. I am excited about that!

The twins came over almost all summer! Morgan is on the left and Chelsy is on the right. One of their favorite things to do was to put John in the little pink basket with wheels on it and tote him around the house. He wasn't mobile enough to get out then so I let them. They called it his rolling bumbo.
We took the Cub scouts to the mineral meuseum in Phoenix! It was really cool especially if you want a dinner made of stone, talk about tough steak.
"I cutting my hair!!!" spoken in an upbeat perfectly innocent and funloving tone. I had left Barbara to play in Johns jumper and, noticing how quite she was asked her what she was doing. She only got to the right side of her head, so it's a little lop sided. I guess she was letting me know that she needed a thinning for the hot summer months.
This was half of what she cut off...
J.R. came home from helping his dad out on a job with this pond liner. I cam home from an errand and found this on my back porch! I wonderful turtle pond! Our tutle has since disapeared so now it's an awesome fish pond! Very cool and fun, I really like it and was very impressed!
We went to Uath From June 24th to July 5th! Jared and Phebe were the first to put us up! Then they took us to the zoo! We hitched a ride up there with Sharon and Aaron and Julia and Faith, and they droped Barbara, baby, and me off at Jareds. I was carless with two kids, and I bounced from house to house the whole time. I think it was a little crazy, and the only thing I haven't been able to find is Barbara orange sandels. They are lost.


They had an amazing bird show at the zoo! It was my favorite part, especially after reading "My Side of the Mountain" by Jean George. In it the boy trains a falcon to hunt for him. So it was really cool to actually get to see a falcon in action! Man are they fast!
Barbara and Phebe!
Jared, and John!
"Mom, why am I in a lions mouth, and who is that man trying to get my attention?"
Outside Liz's apartment there was this huge dragon fly, it was about three inchel long. I think it was almost more exciting then all the animals at the zoo!
Saturday Liz and I woke up early because we entered a 3 K. It ended up that my babysitters wern't there so I had to run the race with baby John in his sling, and Liz pushed Babs in the stroller. I completed the race in about 47 minuets, which I didn't think was too bad considering I hadn't trained very much, and I was carring a bouncing baby boy! After we slept at Sarah's house (thanks Sarah, I still owe you for that.) we met up with everyone at the arts festival in downtown salt lake.
I think someday J.R. will make these types of things and sell them at art festivals. :)

Alayna and Barbara!

Austin and Baby John!
"Grandpa have you seen my arm, it went missing a while ago and I can't seem to locate it?"
My Mom and me!
Sunday night we went to a lake up Payson canyon! Margaret planned most of it! It was soo beautiful up there! We got to go on a canoo; yes I am wearing baby John while paddeling a canoo, and yes he did basically live in that sling durring that week. It was his comfy zone!
If you look closley you can see Nicole (my niece behind me) holding a little snake. She cought it and was walking around with it. She is just like her daddy that girl!
When we were with Liz she was my second pair of hands! I think she liked it! She saw me being a mom and thought, "heck no! I'm not doing this"; but then she held baby John, and her heart melted, I predict she's pregnant by the end of the year! ;)
Barbara was not feeling very good on Sunday. She spent most of the time in a sling, and I had to talk her into getting on the horse with me, but once she did, she loved it!
WEEEEEE!!! Joey is getting married! That is his fiance, Amber! They make a cute couple!
Barbara Got sick, well actually everyone got sick, which kinda threw off our plans a little bit. We ended up staying at Mom and dad's a couple more nights then we planned to, and then finally Dave came to our 'rescue'. So to speak. He came and got us, took us swimming, let us sleep at his house, and we went to Briadle Viel Falls.
We skated from a lower parking lot, I put John in the sling and we pushed the bigger kids in the stroller. Then we put on our tennies and headed up the trail to the big waterfall.
Evan though Barbara wasn't feeling all the way better she still loved this trip! 
Barbara is great at hiking and climbing around on rocks. I think she takes after me in that area!
I loved getting wet in the waterfall! It was awesome. It didn't even wake up John. When he is in his sling he is in his happy place!
Sarah and I tried to let the Barbara and Alayna sleep in the same room. They ended up just playing and becoming very hyper. We eventually had to seperate them. I guess they're not old enough for that yet. They are very adorable together! Such cute little cousins!
We went to the B.F. Johnson family reunion at this is the place monument.I met Elder Christopherson! He was very nice. He even asked my name, which threw me off a little. He married into the family, just like me! He talked on Faith, and it was very touching!
There was a large boat to play on there and I definetly think Babs would make a great sailor; just look at all the effort she put into stearing the thing.
Aunt Lizzy told Barbara that the loud bangs she hurd was dinosaurs, she still talks about the "disosours" that are coming to get her ( I think they're in the same category as monsters are the poor girl is probably scared for life. ;) ). She kept her hands over here ears the whole time.
Barbara eventually got use to the sparklers and started waving them around with me!
We lit off a bunch of fireworks in the street after the big show from the stadium! It was fairly cool! I had to live out the childhood desires to play with fireworks, since I never did when I was a kid!
We drove the long way home and got to stop at the Manti temple! It was soo very beautiful!
The weekend after we got home from Utah I was in charge of our anual Cub Scout Family Campout. This is a great time for the troop to get closer together and it lets the boys get couaght up on stuff that needs to get done. They also seem to really like it! Here we are having our campfire...
This was our firstaid hike...
They had to slide on their bums! It was funny, and a lot of fun!
This was part of our obstical course!
This is the best toy to give baby John in the car to keep him entertained! There is nothing like a crinkley water bottle. Notice the monkey grip he is doing with his feet! Awesome!
These are some adorable pictures taken while hanging out at home! I jsut think my kiddo's are so cute sometimes I can't resist! Plus if I get the camera out to take a picture of Baby John, I have to take one of Barbara too. She is a poser, and likes to be on camera!
Baby eating blackberries! Oh man did he like those! :)
John chillin in his bumbo! This is one of the last times I've put him in it, If I use it now he just flips right out. We have to stap this kid down.
This is Babs acting like a baby! For a while there only she could sit in the baby seat, and she would say "me a baby whaaa whaaa"! It was funny! I just said "Oh you're a baby too!!" And tickled her and made her feel it was the funnest game to pretend to be a baby!
Sophia and Barbara are two months apart! I was Sophia's moms visiting teacher in my first ward here, and we have kept in touch through blogging. they moved to New York and now are down iSouth of Tuson. Sophia got to come play while her parents went to the temple! Here some great pictures of play time...
They were great at taking turns with most things! The hair brush was one of them, the marble maze toys started that way, but had to be put away. These two play great together! I think it's awesome. They just run around and giggle and talk to eachother.
I finaly finished the edging on Johns Blanket! I think it turned out really good! I like the personal touch contributed from friends and family!

and that's all for now... I know I still have about two months I haven't caught up on, but this was an all day project. I think the way they have this formatted is not very user friendly, or time friendly. I don't even know how to copy things into here. That would make things a bit easier I think. Anyway I'm heading off to bed now. So goodnight!
My brothers think it's nice to pretend to be monkeys. It is a very pretty tree. I'm thinking it called to them (climb me, climb me) If they were twelve they'd want to build a fort in it.
You could imagine that all of us together we are a little crazy! Especially with the monkeys from the previous picture. It was a lot of fun, and I love seeing all my nephews and my niece!

We went to Hole in the rock hike by the zoo. Everyone loved it and we got some awesome photos!!







J.R. is scout master! He fixed up his shirt and was modeling it for me. Barbara had to be like her daddy! They make a cute pair don't you think?Baby eating blackberries! Oh man did he like those! :)
and that's all for now... I know I still have about two months I haven't caught up on, but this was an all day project. I think the way they have this formatted is not very user friendly, or time friendly. I don't even know how to copy things into here. That would make things a bit easier I think. Anyway I'm heading off to bed now. So goodnight!


1 comment:
You are hilarious Esther. Way to update! Btw, I've had to show Sophia these photos of her and Babs several times at her request. She always says, "I wanna do dat again!" When she sees the ones of her and Barbara doing each other's hair. And I always tell her that maybe someday we'll be able to convince you to drive out here and go play with donkeys again. Maybe by that time we'll have some of our OWN animals instead! Even better!
I wish our girls could grow up together, they are so sweet with each other and I sure do love the company of Babara's mother! :) You really were tooooooo sweet to come help me pack when you had a practically newborn of your own. I'm also hoping we have a girl for our #2 and then we can betroth John and her. Perfect, I say! :)
I loved the updates, hope to see more of them and more of you! Love, Rachel
Post a Comment