John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Welcome Baby John!

THE FAMILY RIGHT BEFORE JOHN WAS BORN

BABS AND I IGNORING THE FACT THAT THE BABY STILL HADN'T COME!
MOMENTS AFTER JOHN WAS BORN
JOHNS FIRST DIAPER!
John Kent arrived in our lives on February 19th! He was 7lbs 15 0z and 20 1/2 in long! He was born at 12:09 am! Labor was quick and smooth. I broke my water around 8pm on the 18th and only had three pushing contractions. He was born at home. Barbara was asleep and mom, dad, Julia, and Faith slept over at our house in case someone needed to stay with Barbara. In the morning Barbara went over to grandma and grandpa's house. They kept her there for a week and a half bringing her home for visits and to meet John. It was a very relaxing first couple of days! I would call it new born bliss :) Where the baby just sleeps all the time and I was able to relax and let my body heal. J.R. went back to work Tuesday the 23rd. I was a little scared but Grandma watched Barbara and I did fine with John by myself. We took him in for his first newborn doctors appointment on wed. the 24th of February. Dr. Curran hurd a heart murmur and sent us over to the cardiologist where he was diagnosed with Tetralogy of fallot. It is a heart condition that requires open heart surgery in order for him to live a long and healthy life. We are greatful for modern technology that can diagnose and fix such a problem. It has been very stressful, but luckily we have time to prepare for it, and he has time to grow and develop before the surgery. I feel very blessed to have this adorable little guy in my life! I love his smiles! I love my family and am so greatful to all those who have assisted during the last couple weeks!

No comments: