John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Barbara Memories

-While eating dinner Barbara took a bite from a chip and said "truck" and pretended to drive it around the table, then she eat part of it looked at if for a moment and said "fish" as she made it swim, then she turned the chip into a "boot on foot" (meaning a boot that goes on your foot) after taking one more bite. I said "oh! it's a shoe" she said "a boot"! She was determined her chip looked like a boot, and not a shoe. It was very adorable! I love how her imagination is starting to take off!

-Every night I try and read from The Book of Mormon with her. Even if I just read one verse, and we try and say a prayer before she climbs into bed. The other night after our prayer she sat down and grabbed her Book of Mormon and started flipping through it. I said "are you going to read it to me tonight?" She said "I (her yes), read Jesus" Where upon she flipped to the front of the Book of Mormon to the picture of Jesus and said "a Jesus". I said "you're going to read about Jesus?" "I" she said and flipped to a random page and said "abla blllah aabababa Jesus abllaa". It was so adorable and it made me really happy! I was impressed that she grabbed the Book of Mormon first before her other books, and that she flipped to the picture of Jesus to show me who she was going to read about. It made me feel like my efforts are actually working!

- Then yesterday she made a "grocery shopping list" and put it in her pocket and told me milk, and snacks were on her list. It was very adorable! I thought it was cute that she wanted to make a list like mommy of what we need to get at the store.


I love my adorable baby! She is just so dang cute! It makes all the hard times soooooo worth every second! I love how much being a mom teaches me.

No comments: