Life is good! We've just been a bit busy so there hasn't been time for much blogging or Internet time. This is what we've been up to...
-J.R. is working at University of phoenix.
-J.R. has been working hard for me because I set up a swap for him to make concrete counter tops to pay for my midwife. So she got new counter tops, and I get a home birth and J.R. gets... (a happy wife!?!) I really love him for doing it for me especially because he's not to fond of a home birth in the first place! I just pray really hard (please feel free to join in praying with me) everything goes smoothly and we don't' have to go to the hospital cause that would definitely suck after all the hard work he's done.
-J.R. has been working really hard trying to get his concrete counter top business going check out his web sight here. So far he's gotten a one additional job to the midwife one to make a coffee table. Yea! Plus he's received a lot of interest from people. :)
-J.R. is in boy scouts which keeps him quite busy. Luckily it was mellow through the holidays so he could get the counter tops done.
-J.R. will be back to school here soon as well.
Man he's a busy guy :) I think he secretly likes being busy though.
-I am growing a baby and am getting quite ginormous. I feel like I look really funny because my belly pokes out a lot! Like I have a giant basketball under my shirt. Less then four weeks till we hit "due day" mark! CRAZY!!!
-I have been staying busy trying to rearrange and organize everything in the house. (closets, bedrooms, kitchen, living room, ext...) And make sure I have everything for a home birth and a new baby (diapers, nursing bras, a place for new baby clothes (those are all things I'm still working on), plastic sheets.)
-I am in cub scouts which is a lot of fun, and a good mid week activity for me.
-I am baby sitting a little girl named Lorilla three times a week! She is very cute! Babs likes having here around. I think it will also help make the transition of a new baby in the house a bit more smooth for her.
-I'm still trying to learn how to cook and plan meals that are healthy and gluten free. I can tell you that I have not been very successful lately. I've spent more money and made less satisfying meal plans then before. Man I am definitely in a cooking slump and in need of a good jump start to planning meals. I spent ($70 (which is a lot for me)) on groceries last week and that was with only planning two good dinners. The last two evenings have been "OK we have to come up with something because we don't get paid till Friday" meals. I definitely need to be better.
-Oh, and my most important duty... I take care of an adorable two years and three months year old! I saved the best for last! Man she is the most adorable toddler ever!
So there are lots of things for me to occupy my time as well! That is the way I like it though.
-Babs is Growing so much better! She's put on two-three pounds since her last doc. apt. in November which is so much better then her one pound from 18 mo.-24 mo. Her puffed out belly has almost completely gone away and she has fat rolls on her bum! I think I danced a little inside when I saw her first chubby but roll come in! She also has consistent b.m.! That is such a relief!
-Babs is talking well and learns new words every day! It's amazing how smart she is! She picks up names, and addresses them to people, she plays games, and reads stories, and dances, and insists I play games with her; like tonight she had me play "run and Hide" with her and when I tried to stop she pulled on me and said "no! More Play"! Then she directed me to the closet where we hid until "da da" came and found us!
- Another cute moment tonight was when we were watching videos of her on my phone (one of her favorite activities) and she started to get wiggly. I told her she could say hi to "baby John" if she wanted so she pulled up my shirt to "talk" to him. She likes to feel for him like the midwives do and poke my belly like J.R. does. She also likes to give my belly kisses "and says "kiss John" and she'll give it zurbits and giggle and giggle! Then she tried to grab the top and bottom of my large belly and pull up. I asked her what she was doing and she said "I, John out"! She was trying to lift up my belly to get baby John out! It was sooo cute! I tried to tell her that he doesn't come out that way he comes out a different way, and she said "oh! poop!" I said "yea kinda but it's more like pushing then pooping him out" she said "oh"! And that was that. How much can you explain to a two year old without freaking them out to much, or having them publicly tell everyone that the baby is pooped out. (I guess I'm a little afraid to tell her everything)
So that's us in a nut shell at the moment! Life is busy, a bit crazy, but really good! I'm glad I have the savior to help guide me and get me through it all! With out him I would be lost.


1 comment:
My dad is famous for his favorite quote of all time, he writes it everywhere and has it as his screen saver at work, "A happy wife is a happy life!"
:)
Post a Comment