So last night I had a pack mtg. and J.R. had a scout mtg. to go to right after. After my pack mtg I waited around for J.R. to get to the church so I could see him before his thing, and while I waited I was chatting in the hall with one of my co-leaders. J.R. arrived, and then went to his thing and I was still chatting in the hall. Until suddenly Barbara was no where to be seen. Ok, I thought no biggie I'll check her favorite spots to go (ie gym, kitchen, nursery ext...) So after looping the building twice I went and got J.R. to help me search. He ran around the outside of the church as I continued to search frantically. Then it dawned on me that she had done "the potty dance" right before she disappeared. I ran to the bathroom and there she was, she had her pants, undies, and shoes all the way off and looked at me and said "pee!" sighning and being fludded with emotions of, well I don't know how to describe how I felt, pride, and guilt, and shock all at the same time. I cheerfully said "good job going potty, do you need me to help you wipe?!?" We found J.R. and he said "good job going potty" To babs as he headed back to his meeting (he wasn't very happy)
That was the first time she has headed to the potty all by herself at someplace that wasn't home without telling me what she was doing. I was also very amazed that she went to the right place, and that she opened the big bathroom doors in the church all by herself. Babies are amazing, and I must say I am loving this age. Everyday Babs cracks me up with something she does. Especially the demands of independence. I thought they would frustrate me but mostly they make me laugh. I love her to death! She's just so dang adorable!


3 comments:
OMG! I bet you were sooooo freaked out!! I'm glad you found her safe! How funny that she took herself to the potty! :) She's soooo cute. I need to see you guys! When should I come? :)
tomorrow! The weather is still kinda sunny here! Summer's not quite gone. We could at least sit outside in our swimsuits. Probably wouldn't want to get in the pool though.
Wow! Its amazing how frantic and terrified you can feel one minute and how calm and releaved you can feel the next. I had one of those moments with my son when he was about 2 and 1/2.
Post a Comment