John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Barbara is adorable!

She is growing up sooo fast! She turns two next wednessday and I am filled with awe... It's kinda hard to beleive that two years has gone by already! At the same time those two years have been so full of life and living that I don't ask "where has the time gone"; its more an awe that we have had so many experiences together, and that I feel I have grown in some amazing ways and have delt with some amazing things! Babies just teach you so much. First she has taught me that I can do it. I can be a mom, that's amazing, and while I might not be the best mom ever I think I'm doing a relativly good job. I judge off of how happy Barbara seems, and she seems happy, maybe a little bored sometimes, (which I need to start setting up more play dates for her if anyone is interested :)). She is growing and learning so much! She is talkative and observant and smart. She is very funny and loves to make J.R. and I laugh! It is so funny the things she'll try to do in order to get a giggle from us. She loves comunicating and learning new things.

About two weeks ago she counted to three! She had drawn on a postit note a bunch of scibbles and one was a perfect number one! So I made a big stink about it; I said "look Barbara! You drew a number one! Did you do that on purpose!?!" she said "yea" so then I said do you know what comes after the number one? and she said "teewoooo" and I was very excited and said "that's Right! You're so smart do you know what comes after the number two?" and she said "thwweeee" and I got so excited I gave her more parise and and asked for what came after the number three and from then on up she just made up words I couldn't understand! It was soo cute and so adorable and it made me so happy! then yesturday we were playing with a little alphabet toy that she has that makes noise. I have gone over the letters with her before, lots of times, from books and things; she has tried but this time she tried saying and signing all the letters! It was so adorable I gave her lots of praise and hugs and she smiled so big! I love to watch her learn and explore and try new things!

Well she's demanding my attention now, so I'll have to brag about her some more in a little bit, and put up some fun pics, and vids. :)

2 comments:

Sarah Carroll said...

That's so cute! What a smart little girl. And I can't believe she's nearly two! My goodnes, time sure does fly! I better come see you soon so our babies can play!

Esther said...

Yea, I wish I could come see you! Our babies would have so much fun together! I would love to watch them play!And, I want to see mom. She sounds like she's getting really bad, and I want to hang with her a little bit more before she's gone. (either mentally or from the earth) I want to come to Utah! I should start an "Esther come to Utah donation websight" ;) Oh and the winters are a great time to get a way from the snow, so plan a trip! :)