John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Friday, September 19, 2008

Babs and I went to Utah!


So since I gave J.R. some money to cut his hair. He decided that he was going to work on his trailer all of our labor day weekend, and it just so happened that Friday night my friends and family all went to a cabin to hang out and all the new babies were there. So Saturday I was telling J.R. how much I miss everyone, and that I want to go to Utah and he said "ok, go". at first I didn't believe him, but he kept persisting. At one point he even said "why haven't you left yet." So in response I packed up somethings for Babs and I and we drove the ten hours to Santiquin Utah! It was the best spontaneous vacation I have ever been on. (possibly because it's the only one that was that spontaneous)

This is what We did there...

Sunday the 31st of August We arrived at Lorenzo and Margaret's house at two a.m.. Thanks for letting us come so late and on such short notice! You two rock! That day we played with Colton all day long! He is so cute! Margaret he has your eyes! Then Margaret invited everyone over to her house for a BBQ. It was great to see the look on my parents face when they walked in the door and saw me sitting on the floor. My dad stared at me for a whole minute before he asked "What are you doing here?!?" They were very excited to see me and Barbara (I think mostly Barbara). Babs was so clingy though, she wouldn't go to anyone else! All the new people were freaking her out.
It was the first time I had seen all my new nieces and nephews since they were born so on Monday we headed to Kiddie Kandids to capture the moment and to take some very cute pictures of the four of them! Sarah and Alayna, Margaret and Colton, Josie and Conner, and Myself with Barbara! my favorite one is the one in the tub! Then we went to dinner then headed over to Jared's and Phebie's to just chill and relax. They brought out there toys and Barbara loved playing with there little jump cars!




Tuesday Margaret and Colton, Sarah D., and Myself and Barbara went an a beautiful hike!We went up American Fork Canyon on a trail that kicked our butts. It made me feel like I was very much out of shape and that I need to work out more, especially when it comes to really steep hills. After the hike we went over to my parents house and Mom and Dad bought us some pizza!!! Yummm.... Pizza!


Wednesday we tried to visit Grandma Young but she wasn't home, so instead we went to the dollar theater and watched kung fu panda. I let Babs crawl around on the ground in the front of the theater, but she was more interested in crawling up the isle and trying to meet new people. So we ended up walking in the back. Colton on the other hand was not content with anything and was crying the whole time. He was grumpy they whole week the poor guy, and by the time I left a new tooth had popped through. Teething sucks for all involved. We were going to go rock climbing but everyone was too tired and not feeling so well, so we ended up just playing some games over at Lizzie's house. We played psychiatrist with Liz, Jared, Phebe, and Margaret.


Thursday Grandma was home so we hung out at her house. We looked through some old picture books that she has and I found some great pictures of my dad when he was a kid. I'll have to do a post on those a little latter. I think Grandma and Barbara have equally curly hare right now. It was fun to see Grandma, she is so cute with the Grand babies, she just sits and talks to them and you can tell she loves them. Grandma is also a great family history guru. She can speak and write in Swedish a skill she learned on her own so she could do family history! I love to listen to her stories! I love you Grandma! After we went to Grandmas house we went out to eat at a Korean restaurant. I wanted to take Courtney and Don out to eat for a thank you for buying us Kiddie Kandids and to hang out with them. A lot of my family ended up coming. Mom, Dad, Grandma, Jared, Liz, Adam, Lorenzo, Courtney, Don, Margaret, and the two babies! It was a lot of fun!




Friday we were going to go rock climbing again, but again it fell through. I guess I'll just have to some other time. Instead we went to Kid to Kid and bought a cute jacket and pants for Babs because it gets cold up there at night and we were going into the canyon for a Fire latter. Then we killed an hour at the park with Liz. Barbara loved her freedom that I let her have as she crawled all around on the grass. Liz was playing a game with Colton where she held him over her head, and he ended up spitting up all over her! It was soooo very funny! Then we headed up into the canyon for a fire. We were going to go by the lake and take the canoe out, but they wanted to charge to much money so instead we just went to Vivian Park and had a fire. When it was dark we sat around and read scary stories from this campfire book Margaret brought! I never new that my mom was so afraid of scary stories!




Saturday my niece and nephew Kayden and Nicole got baptized! Nicole after wards was crying in the bathroom saying she didn't feel she was ready, and that she only did it because she wanted Kayden to be proud of her, and that she was feeling like she mocked God. After her mom unsuccessfully comforted her she sent Margaret in to help out. I went in with her and let her now that even though she didn't feel ready it was ok, because there was the sacrament that she could take when she did feel ready and that she could always renew her covenants with God. Then after she got the holy ghost I told her that God didn't feel like she was mocking her, because Grandpa in his prayer had said he was proud of her. It was kinda crazy! After that I went shopping w Sarah and Alayna, Sarah D., Liz and myself. Then later Liz watched Babs and let me go roller skating with Jared and Phebe at good old classic roller skating for some disco night fun! It was awesome! I love to roller skate!


Sunday I hung with Sarah, Craig and Alayna. I went over there first thing in the morning and then they had some friends over for a football game. For dinner we headed to the Weekly family dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Matsens house! It was so nice to see everyone and to let everyone admire Barbara. She was feeling a bit tired so she was cranky but she played with some blocks on the floor and she read some books with Rachel. We even got her to pose for a couple of pictures, although that was a little difficult. It was very nice to see everyone!



Monday went to breakfast with mom, and then headed over to Layne Bryant to go shopping for mom! She got two new good looking outfits! Mom you looked great in those new clothes! While we were waiting for Liz to show up Courtney stoped by driving her big school bus! Then Margaret, Liz and Sarah D. Came over and we went back up Alpine Canyon for another hike! It was sooo gorgeous! We did the Rim Hike so we could see down into a couple canyons! I love hiking in the mountains in Utah. I know if I were in Utah Margaret and I would go hiking all the time together, that's a major bummer about living so far away. After hiking we went to dinner at wingers, and on the way home I stopped by Dave's to say good bye because I didn't get to hang with him very much.



Tuesday we decided to drive back home so after breakfast with Margaret and Davey we drove the ten hours to good old mesa. Home again! The only problem was that Barbara slept almost the entire drive and then didn't go to sleep until two a.m. that night. Oh well. She is back into a good sleeping routine now. It was so nice to see everyone and get to see everyone's cute little babies! I miss you all and love you all! I wish everyone would just move down here.
While I was away J.R. bought a lawn mower and trimmed the back yard. It looks sooo nice now! I love having a back yard!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

okay, that sheep skin jacket is the cutest thing ever! I just love that baby!! :)

Esther said...

I know I almost wish it were cold so she'd have a good excuse to wear it! HA HA!!