John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family... Isn't it About Time

I have often seen L.D.S. ads with that very theme, but for some reason this one sentence really hit me this week. Last weekend my aunt Connie and uncle Hervey came into town to visit. It was a lot of fun! Saturday J.R. cooked crepes, then we went shopping, then they took us to dinner at Village Inn. Sunday we cooked enchiladas (ok, J.R. cooked) and we sat and chatted. They told me of a book called Three Cups of Tea. Which I am meaning to read. It's about a guy who is trying to fight terrorism by educating the people in Afghanistan, mainly the women and children. We chatted, and ate and had a lot of fun!

They told me one thing that I don't think I will easily forget. They said that my siblings all have a unique relationship. They said it is amazing how we all get along so well, and that we enjoy spending time together. One thing I have always enjoyed about my family is that we can hang out. We have often called one another just to watch a movie, go hiking, on a bike ride, rock climbing, snowboarding, skating, or whatever. We get along, we hang out. And, yes we like it! I am very fortunate to have married a husband that has a family with basically the same ideal's about family. We love to spend time with each other. Isn't it great! Either our parents are just really good at building sibling friendships, or some how the gospel principles on family has united us all. Perhaps it is because we are told from our childhood that we will be connected to these people forever! That is inspiration enough to learn to love them!





Perhaps it is the principle stated so clearly in The Family A Proclamation to the World That says "Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, to teach them to love and serve one another, to observe the commandments of God and to be law-abiding citizens wherever they live." Well I am lucky to have grown up in a house where we love, and serve each other. I am so thank full to have those friendships in my life! Thanks mom and dad for teaching us kids to be friends! Thanks J.R.'s mom and dad for showing your children how to love, and serve each other! Thanks Aunt Connie, and Uncle Hervey for putting it into perspective for me!

No comments: