"That book," replied I (Lucy Smith) "was brought forth by the power of God, and translated by the gift of the Holy Ghost; and, if I could make my voice sound as loud as the trumpet of Michael, the Archangel, I would declare the truth f...rom land to land, and from sea to sea, and the echo should reach to every isle, until every member of the family of Adam should be left without excuse. For I do testify that God has revealed himself to man again in these last days, and set his hand to gather his people upon a goodly land, and if they obey his commandments, it shall be unto them for an inheritance;...and that he has commenced a work which will prove a savor of life unto life, or of death unto death,...for every man shall have the desires of his heart, if he ... Read Moredesires the truth , he may hear and live, but if he tramples upon the simplicity of the word of God, he will shut the gate of heaven against himself." (a quote taken from "History of Joseph Smith By His Mother, Lucy Smith" pg 204 p 2 When someone asked Lucy if the Book of Mormon was true.)
I wish I had that much courage, and that I could speak as smoothly as she does!
I just got done reading "History of Joseph Smith By His Mother, Lucy Smith" It's a great read if you want a summary of the coming forth of the Gospel. If you want a complete and detailed history I would suggesting looking for another book as this one leaves a lot of what was going on out. It is however, a great example of what the people who brought forth the gospel went through, and the examples of both the powers of the adversary and the powers of God in those times!
The next book I want to read is "The 5000 Year Leap"! If you want to read it with me it could be fun to talk about!


No comments:
Post a Comment