John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

K'Nex

J.R. and I love going to thrift stores. OK, I've gone so much lately, that I'm currently sick of them so it ends up being more like: J.R. has an obsession to go to thrift stores, and he drags me with him ;) (I really don't mind that much) Well I believe it was last Saturday we found this sweet barley used roller coaster K'Nex set, and since we had already collected a couple sets from previous thrift store visits, we decided to get it to finish up our collection, and make the largest roller coaster ever! We were going to go backpacking this weekend to celebrate the three day memorial day weekend, and take Barbara out on her first backpacking trip ever! But... we got snowed out...



Bummer!


So for the weekend we dived into using our new found treasure, and we made this sweet roller coaster...




THAT IS THE COOLEST ROLLER COASTER EVER!


If you want any good time killing activity, just find a K'Nex set at good will and build it! Also, a great baby game is to take the newly organized bags of K'Nex and empty them all over the floor! Babs loved it! I don't know what it is, but K'Nex pieces flying all over just seems to tickle her insides!

We also went to a train park this weekend and rode around on a train, a Farriswheel, and eat ice cream! Yummy! Then we headed over to Aaron and Sharon's for some good family bonding time. It was a low key weekend, which is not what we expected, but was probably for the better because Barbara got a cold, and had a fever of 100 degrees on Sunday which was scary!

I did get to try a rip stick. My neighbors were outside on Saturday and they helped J.R. Carry in a dresser that he had purchased at D.I. so he could tare it apart and use pieces for the trailer he is building (which you can check out on his trailer blog http://mctear.blogspot.com/). Well Rip Sticks are cool! I think I want one now! they don't seem as fast as longboards, so I don't think I will get as hurt on one. I must say that J.R. was a natural on it, and he was instantly better then the person who actually owned the thing. He is so coordinated, it's crazy sometimes. well I must go, I'm getting sleepy.

2 comments:

RJ said...

I showed Sophia the earlier video of Barbara crawling and it made her cry! I think she empathizes too much! But she loved watching this one where B. was much happier with finding her parents:). She also loved watching the roller coaster, that is crazy you found it at a thrift store, I MISS them SO much here. NO thrift stores in NYC, and the like 3 second hand stores they actually do have are FAR and I heard about as expensive as "new" stores. LAME. So I checked out your trailer blog - is that the kind of trailer you can pull behind a truck and sleep in or what? I'm a little slow. I liked reading about all your adventures though, it motivates me to break out of our neighborhood adventures and find more fun stuff that I'm sure someday I'll wonder why I missed, like NYC sightseeing and all that.

Esther said...

I put on a better crawling video. That one was a little sad, but at the time it was the only way I could get a video of her crawling because if I was right next to her she would just scoot around. Oh well. Now she'll just come find me instead of crying. How funny! The tear drop trailor is a camping trailor, it will have a mattress in it, and a little kitchenet in the back. We're hoping to take it on a long roadtrip around the country or something when it's done. Assuming we can afford the price of gas :) -Blah! I love our adventures! They make life down here in the baren desert totally worth it, because you find out it's not so barren after all. tootles.