John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

BABY DAYS!

Barbara is growing up, and part of her growth is her new found clingyness. I know I should cherish it while it lasts, and soon she will be running away instead of crawling to me so I will pick her up. Yet, the this stage is driving me crazy!!! Perhaps because it came on so suddenly, and because I wasn't expecting it.

I am looking for ideas on for activities that would be fun for both of, and will do posts on those that I find fun! I will call them baby days!



So far we have enjoyed...



A painting project!




(not highly suggested until your baby doesn't eat everything! yes that is purple paint on her tongue)
First step is to put down something to cover the floor. Next step is to make sure your baby is nude. (at least to the diaper, or with paint clothes on) I then painted Barbara's hands and put them on a big scrapbook page. This was the main point of the activity. After which I let Bab's artistic side flow as she made her first artistic rendering of a purple meadow! It is really beautiful. Follow the painting time up with a bath, and whamo! You have successfully entertained both you and baby for about twenty min. :)








Walks!
Barbara is very fond of going on walks, and we will do this when she has officially knocked me off my wall! it's a break for both of us. I have found that she doesn't mind the stroller, and that is nice for me, because at this point I am usually done with wanting to hold her.







Swimming!



I love the summer here because we get to go swimming so much! Plus my apartment complex has a heated swimming pool, so the water is not to cold for Barbara to play in! She loves to splash the water!







Roller Skating!



Monday night at the rollerskating rink here is free if you have your own skates, and only four dollars to rent skates. If I talk my sisters into going with me then Faith loves to push the stroller, and I love to skate around! Barbara loves the loud music, and looks around curiously!





Styrofoam!



This is one of those activities that requires a lot of attention.(unless Styrofoam is edible?) First you need to receive a package in the mail with a lot of Styrofoam things in it. Then you need to throw said Styrofoam things at your baby while she giggles, and tries to eat them. Next we discovered that when wet the Styrofoam things stick to you, so gently lick Styrofoam, or used the stuff your baby has tried to put in her mouth, and stick it all over baby. She will try and grab at it to eat, but for the most part she is oblivious to the fact that she is covered in Styrofoam!


Those are my baby day activities for now! Let me know if you have any other good ideas!

2 comments:

Davey said...

This was a great post, Esther. I love your creative ideas! Sophia and I take baths together when we get super grumpy. That cheers us both up. Sometimes she'll amuse herself for a while if I stick a sticker on her hand. That's nice. She also loveds to play with my tupperware drawer - I put it on the lowest so she could reach all the stuff that won't break. It's totally worth cleaning up to me, just to have a little break where she is unaware of my existence! :) Good luck - I look forward to more ideas on your blog!

Davey said...

ok sorry that was me rachel, Davey is trying to impersonate me again! :)