John's growth!

baby

Barbara's growth!

baby

Monday, March 24, 2008

Utah and Easter!

A lot of things have happened since my last post. We went to Utah! That was a blast!

We planned to go up originally because Joe is going on a mission next month and it was the only good time to go up before he leaves (because of spring brake).

While we were there we went snow boarding, saw my new nephew Connor, went to my sisters baby shower, then drove up to see Nate's (J.R.'s friend) baby girl! It was really good to see everyone and I wish I had more time to stay up there.

Dave and Josie, you two looked great for having a baby two days earlier! I looked like poop two days after Babs was born. Conner is adorable! Joe I am so glad that I got to hang out with you before your mission! Your out going friendly personality is going to help you out a lot while you are on your mission! I wish you the best, and pray for you all the time!

Liz and Adam, you two are the bomb! thanks for always letting us stay at your place, and for putting up with us, and making us really yummy breakfast! I love seeing you two! If anyone needs a really good baby shower idea, try decorating onsies, Liz I thought that was a lot of fun! Adam, this weekend J.R. and I found some bowling shoes at Good Will so next time we are up there we will take you on! (At least J.R. will, when we went bowling I got a 56, and he got 148.)

Courtney It is always so good to see you! I am so glad that we are friends! Thank you again for my wedding video! I love it!

Sarah you are such a cute pregnant lady! I know when I was that far a long I didn't feel very cute, But you really did have a glow about you! I love your house, it is really really good looking!

Craig did you talk Sarah into buying that rock band game, or the other way around? Now J.R. totally wants it! He loved playing it! Craig you seemed to be a natural with Babs, you're going to be a really good dad!

Grandma Barbara Young, I am so glad you got to meet Barbara, you two were so adorable together! Sarah D. It's always good to see you. I've always felt like you, and your family, have been like my second family. So you know the offer to come visit for a while still stands. You just have to let me know. :)

Mom, thank you so much for watching Babs while we snowboarded, it was definitely what I needed. You are the best! Dad Thanks for driving up there and hanging out with mom for that last hour, and for the Pizza! It was yummy pizza! Your living room looks great! I Love you two! Thanks for being my parents! I love you all!


Nate congratulations on your new arrival, She is very adorable! Joe thanks for giving me an excuse to come up there and see everyone! I miss you all so much! I am always praying for you! You all rock!

On our way back home we got in a little fender bender at the Hover dam, through stop and go traffic. Ah, nuts, our new car has a scratch in it. I guess it's not a good idea to let a baby drive. Live and learn. Luckily though we didn't drive through flagstaff, because there was a really bad snow storm, and on one of the freeways there was a hundred car pile up. Yikes. We are counting our blessings for our safe return. It's a good thing we were safe, because we still were only able to see part of our family, as Jared and Phebe were preoccupied, and Lorenzo and Margaret were out of town, and it was such a short trip, we didn't have time to stop by and see the Matsens. We miss you and love you.
The Sunday before we left we both talked in Church, I will try and put at least a summary of our talks up here. J.R.'s was really good.
Friday the ferrets escaped. It was so scary. With the help of neighbors, Sharon, Julia, Faith, and J.R. we found all four of them! Note to self, don't put the garage door opener in my pocket while the fuzzes are out playing.
Saturday we went to the Easter pageant at the temple! It was really good. I am so thankful for the gospel and the knowledge it gives me! I am thankful for our savior, and all that he does for us! I'm thankful we can repent of our sins, and be washed clean! I love my savior! With out him, we couldn't all be a family forever, and that would be very sad.
Sunday was Easter, and we were able to go over to Grandma and Grandpa Mclaws's for dinner! It was SO delicious! I always look forward to going over there! They are the nicest family one could ever hope for! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the wonderful example you set! Thanks Grandma for your testimony in the mail we read it on Easter, and it made Easter that much more special!

Now we are back to every day life! Babs has started sitting up, which is the cutest thing ever! She has also started propping her self up on her knees, but once she's there she doesn't know what to do, so she ends up scooting backwards instead of forwards, which was not her goal. I think she will be crawling soon, and I will need to go through and finally do some baby proofing.
That is about all that has happened, but since this has been a long post I think it is enough.



1 comment:

RJ said...

I love getting updates on your life! Your baby is dang cute and I'm glad you guys are so happy. I am looking forward to reading your talks, so don't forget to put them up! And I'm glad you liked the tuna casserole and lentil soup - that would be great if you emailed it, it's my goal to never use the same recipe twice - there's so many out there, I gotta live!!! And hey how cool that you know Kerri - that makes me super jealous, actually. Two of my wishIcouldhangoutwith fun friends and they get to hang out with EACH OTHER instead of me. HMP.